If you need a new roof in Wharton, TX, call our team at Wharton Roofing (979) 534-2014 today.
Maybe you’re planning to install a new shingle roof and wonder how long it will last. Or perhaps you’re trying to decide whether it’s time to replace your existing roof. Either way, you may ask, “How long does a shingle roof last?”
Below, our team at Wharton Roofing explains what factors influence a shingle roof’s lifespan and when it’s time to replace an old roof.
Your shingle material is the number one factor that influences roof longevity. Here’s a short breakdown of roofing shingle lifespan:
- 3-tab asphalt shingles: 10-15 years
- Architectural shingles, or dimensional shingles: 20-25 years
- Composite shingles: from 20 to 50 years
- Clay (terracotta) shingles: 50 years and up
- Concrete shingles: at least 50 years
- Cedar shingles: 30-40 years
- Metal shingles: about 50 years
- Slate shingles: over a century, with proper installation
So How Long Does a Shingle Roof Last in Wharton, TX?
While it’s impossible to know in advance how long your specific roof system will last, several factors may affect your shingle roof’s lifespan.
Choosing high-quality shingles and hiring a reputable roofing contractor will give you a more durable and better-performing roof.
Look for a roofer who:
- Has solid recommendations from local homeowners
- Can showcase a portfolio of roofing projects in your area
- Offers transparent contract terms and reasonable warranties
- Carries suitable licenses, insurance coverage, and bonds
With time, roof shingles will suffer natural wear and tear. Shingles may warp, crack, loosen, or fall off because of high winds, heavy hail, UV radiation, and direct impact by fallen objects like tree branches.
A competent roofer can help you choose the type of shingles that will work best for your Wharton home.
Your roof will last longer and perform better if you schedule a professional inspection at least once a year and resolve any roofing issues as soon as you notice them. Regular roof maintenance will keep your roof in top condition and prevent water damage to your home.
Is It Time to Replace Your Shingle Roof?
Many homeowners ask, “Can I get by with repairs, or is it time to replace my shingle roof?”
Your decision may depend on answers to the following questions:
- Is your shingle roof nearing the end of its lifespan?
- Has your roof sustained extensive weather damage?
- Have you noticed a lot of visible damage, like cracked, warped, or missing shingles?
- Do roof issues keep cropping up despite constant repairs?
A professional roofer can assess your shingle roof’s condition, help you decide whether you should opt for roof replacement, and answer all your questions, like “How long does a shingle roof last?”
Wharton Roofing: Your Local Shingle Roof Pros in Wharton, Texas
Do you need a roofing job in Wharton, TX? At Wharton Roofing, we deliver outstanding results on all shingle roofing projects. Our superb craftsmanship, transparent contracts, comprehensive warranties, and convenient payment terms make us a go-to roofing company for homeowners in Wharton.
Call us at (979) 534-2014 or contact us online for a free project quote.